Driving license renewal in Kenya is now as easy as sneezing. You can do it right where you are sitting or standing right now. Yes, you heard right. It is now possible to Renew Driving License Online. You just need to have registered with the e-Citizen portal. All you need is your ID number, Your mobile phone number and a soft copy of a recent passport photo. Just follow these easy steps.
How to Renew Driving License Online Step by Step
|Renewal of Driving License in Kenya|
- Visit https://ntsa.ecitizen.go.ke/ and sign up for an account
- If you already have an account, log in and skip to step 8
- To register, enter your ID Number and your first name then click verify
- Enter your email address, the password you’d like to use, agree to the terms and press ‘Continue’
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on the link provided to activate your account
- Enter your mobile phone number and click on ‘Send Verification Code’. Enter the code you receive on your phone and click on ‘Verify’
- Upload your recent passport photo and press ‘Continue’
- You will now be directed to the eCitizen portal dashboard. Click on NTSA(National Transport and Safety Authority) ‘Get Service Now’
- Go to ‘Submit Application’ > ‘Application for Driving Licenses’ >’Driving license Renewal’ and click on ‘Apply Now’
- Enter the Reference Number and the Renewal period. The renewal period will determine how much you pay. For 1 year you will pay a total of Ksh. 650 and Ksh 1450 for 3 years.
- Confirm details and pay using one of the available payment options.
- Click on ‘Services to download your Renewal Slip
- Print, cut and stick the Renewal slip to your Driving Licence
Congratulations. You just completed the renewal of your driving license in Kenya successfully.
Learn how to apply for the certificate of good conduct in this post.