Kenya Power has a wide variety of payment methods. All payments are posted in your electricity account on the same day.
You can easily pay your KPLC bill via Mpesa by using the KPLC Paybill Number. The number is 888 888 for post paid customers and 888 880 for the prepaid meters. Follow the steps below to pay.
|KPLC Paybill Number: Image courtesy of KPLC|
Paying for your KPLC Bill Using M-Pesa
1. Go to your Phone’s toolkit and click on Safaricom
2. Select Mpesa then ‘Lipa na Mpesa’
3. Choose ‘Pay Bill’
5. Key in your complete KPLC account number e.g. 123456-01.
6. Key in the amount you wish to pay for
7.Key in your M-Pesa PIN.
9. Wait for a confirmation message
KPLC Paybill Number for Prepaid Meters
Once you have paid, you will receive an SMS from KPLC that has the following:
- The amount you have paid, and of course the date of payment.
- The total number tokens you have received.
- A unique code made up of numbers only, usually 20 digits long. This is the code you are supposed to enter into your prepaid meter
See Also: How to Contact KPLC Customer Care
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens using Equitel
1. Select Eazzy Pay from your Equitel menu
2. Select Pay Bill from Eazzy Pay.
Choose the bank account number to pay from e.g.0123456789102
Select business number – KPLC Tokens
3. Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number (e.g. 37168917674) press OK
4. Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Shs. 100 and Shs.500,000.
5. Enter your Equitel PIN and press OK
6. Confirm that all details are correct by pressing 1 OK
7. You will receive a text confirmation of the transaction from Equity bank.
KPLC will then generate prepaid token valid for your meter and send via SMS.1
NOTE: All payments are posted in your electricity account on the same day.
All cash payments should be made at Kenya Power’s authorized pay points which are located within official premises and the paying counters clearly marked CASHIER.
Also if you may have an account with Co-operative Bank, Postbank or Standard Chartered Bank, you may also pay your bill through any of these banks’ Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs).
You may also pay your electricity bill by cash through appointed Co-operative Bank branches in Nairobi or its outlets.
Cheques may be deposited in designated boxes in pay centres and at specific business premises appointed by Kenya Power to serve as drop-off points.
Bill Payment Through M-Banking
Some Banks like Co-operative Bank allow customers to pay for the electricity bill payment point using phone. To use the service, one must be registered with the bank for M-Banking service and also one must have registered their Kenya Power account number with the bank.
Remember that it takes at at least 2 days for Mpesa payment to be reflected in your account.
To ensure that you pay your bill quicker in the future, we advice you to save the KPLC Paybill Number as well as your KPLC account number in your phone. That will make your work way much easier when you want to pay later.
Tired of paying insane amounts for your power bill? Learn the 5 easy ways you can reduce your KPLC bill.
You might also like to read how to pay for nhif contributions via your phone.