We looked into Equitel’s introduction and frequently asked questions in a previous post and today we look into how you go about withdrawing money from your Equity Bank account to Mpesa through your Equitel line. We’ll also look at how you can check your bank balance via Equitel. Let’s get right to it.
Withdraw Money from Equity Bank to Mpesa : Equity Paybill to Help Transfer Money to Mpesa
- Go to Equitel from your phones toolkit and select ‘My Money’
- Select ‘Send/Pay’ Select the account number you’d like to withdraw from
- Select ‘To Others’
- Select ‘Mpesa’ Type the Safaricom Mpesa phone number you’d like to send the money to
- Enter the amount you want to transfer. It will ask you to confirm the amount and the number you’re sending the money to
- Type in your PIN and that’s it.
You’ll receive a confirmation message from Equity bank and the person you’re sending the money to will get a confirmation message from Mpesa.
To check your Equity Bank account balance via Equitel,
- Go to ‘My Money’like in step ‘1’ above and select ‘Bank balances’
- Select either ‘All Accounts’, ‘Mini Statements’ or ‘Statement by email’
- Select either ‘Show on Screen’ or ‘Send by SMS’ whichever you’d prefer
- Enter your PIN
Your balance will be displayed on the screen or sent to you via SMS depending on the one you chose.