I recently spent two days locked out of all the Facebook Pages I manage. I could not create, edit or delete posts from all the pages. When I checked the page roles to see what had changed, I was shocked to find that my role had been changed from Admin to Moderator – In all of my pages and those of my clients!
I told one of my clients to add me back to which she replied that I was still an admin on her end. Mmhhh… What is happening here? I requested her to remove and add me back. She did.
Minutes later, I was back to being a moderator.
I do my research online and a few things I could try crop up…
Here are a few things Facebook said I could try:
– Log out of Facebook,
– Clear cookies and cache, if you’re using a computer;
– Make sure you’re using the most updated version of the app or browser;
– Restart your computer or phone;
– Uninstall and reinstall the app, if you’re using a phone;
– Log into Facebook and try again.
I did all of them. Nothing worked! And if you are still here, I guess this is where you are also stuck.
The reason my pages were acting up is because I had not set up the Facebook 2-factor authentication.
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Under the Two–Factor Authentication section, click Use two–factor authentication. You may need to re-enter your password.
- Next to Recovery Codes, click Setup then Get Codes.
Once done, refresh and your role should now be back to Admin now.
Let me know if this worked for you in the comments section.