Obtaining the certificate of Good Conduct in Kenya is pretty easy. All you need is yourself, your national identity card, Ksh. 1,000, about an hour of your time (if in Nairobi) to rush to the CID headquarters and a three weeks waiting period. Below are the steps you need to take:If you were applying for a job, you can now take the receipt to your employer as you wait for the certificate in exactly 3 weeks. Now wipe your fingers, buy boiled maize (mutungo) on your way out and have a lovely day.
Things you will need
|kenya police certificate of good conduct|
- Just Yourself (for the finger prints, of course)
- National Identity card. Do not bother making a copy; you will do this at the CID offices because they have a particular way of printing the copy is such a way that the finger prints are legible.
- Ksh. 1,000 for processing
- An extra Ksh. 10 for the photocopy. It does not hurt to bring more coins for the boiled maize, pineapple or a banana at the gate on your way out.
- A blue pen
- Tissue or wet wipes to wipe your fingers after you are done. There is a stern warning that if you smudge the walls you will pay for the repainting.
- Make your way to Odeon and board a Matatu number 100. They are outside Tuskys just opposite KCB Tom Mboya branch.
- Alight at the CID headquarters, Kiambu Road. It is the next stage after Muthaiga junction
- A few yard into the premises, turn right. You will see a sign indicating where you need to turn
- The first stop is the Cash office where you need to pay the Ksh 1,000. You will be issued with a receipt and on it is the collection date.
- You will then be directed inside where you will make copies of the receipt and the ID card.
- The next stop is where you present your copies to a guy seated near the wall to the right to get the application form. This guy will also staple the form, original copy of the receipt and your ID's copy together
- Sit on a bench and wait for roughly three minutes while you write your name on the form and the ID number
- Another guy will come, take the forms and instruct you to line up for the finger prints to be taken
- The last stop is the form's submission. The form is stamped and so is your copy of the receipt.