Obtaining the certificate of Good Conduct in Kenya is pretty easy. All you need is yourself, your national identity card, Ksh. 1,000, about an hour of your time (if in Nairobi) to rush to the CID headquarters and a three weeks waiting period. Below are the steps you need to take:If you were applying for a job, you can now take the receipt to your employer as you wait for the certificate in exactly 3 weeks. Now wipe your fingers, buy boiled maize (mutungo) on your way out and have a lovely day.
Things you will need
|kenya police certificate of good conduct|
- Just Yourself (for the finger prints, of course)
- National Identity card. Do not bother making a copy; you will do this at the CID offices because they have a particular way of printing the copy is such a way that the finger prints are legible.
- Ksh. 1,000 for processing
- An extra Ksh. 10 for the photocopy. It does not hurt to bring more coins for the boiled maize, pineapple or a banana at the gate on your way out.
- A blue pen
- Tissue or wet wipes to wipe your fingers after you are done. There is a stern warning that if you smudge the walls you will pay for the repainting.
- Make your way to Odeon and board a Matatu number 100. They are outside Tuskys just opposite KCB Tom Mboya branch.
- Alight at the CID headquarters, Kiambu Road. It is the next stage after Muthaiga junction
- A few yard into the premises, turn right. You will see a sign indicating where you need to turn
- The first stop is the Cash office where you need to pay the Ksh 1,000. You will be issued with a receipt and on it is the collection date.
- You will then be directed inside where you will make copies of the receipt and the ID card.
- The next stop is where you present your copies to a guy seated near the wall to the right to get the application form. This guy will also staple the form, original copy of the receipt and your ID's copy together
- Sit on a bench and wait for roughly three minutes while you write your name on the form and the ID number
- Another guy will come, take the forms and instruct you to line up for the finger prints to be taken
- The last stop is the form's submission. The form is stamped and so is your copy of the receipt.
Apply for the Certificate of Good Conduct Online (for Nairobi and its Environs)
You can apply for the Good Conduct certificate and pay for it online. Payments can be made via mobile money, debit and credit Cards.
Steps of application
- Log into your ecitizen account
- Click on 'Get Service Now' under the Directorate of Criminal Investigations tab.
- Select the applicable age (adult or below 18 yrs), read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the police Clearance. The charges are 1050/=
- Download and print two(2) copies of your invoice, and one copy of your C24 on both sides of an A4 paper
- Present the C24 and invoives with an original National ID for adults and Original Birth Certificate for minors, to the CID HEADQUARTERS on Kiambu Road for finger print processing
During the submission you need the following:
- Download TWO(2) copies of the invoice and ONE(1) copy of the C24 printed on Both sides of a C24.
- Applicant in Person.
- Original ID card and its Photocopy or Birth Certificate & its copy for those under 18 years.
- Must allow his/her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form C24.
Ensure you are using your own eCitizen account to apply for your Police Clearance Certificate. Applications applied on behalf of others will be rejected
During submission you must carry with you the original documents and photocopies of the same.
If You are Applying Outside Nairobi...
- Visit your divisional CID Offices. If you do not know where they are, you can always ask at your nearest police station
- You will need your original ID and 1000 Kenyan shillings for processing.
- Make the payment and get a receipt before proceeding to the photocopy and fingerprinting centers.
- At the end you will be given a copy of the receipt with the collection date. Use this receipt to collect your certificate.