The Rabbit Millionaires Project is a rabbit rearing project by the Peace Officers For Christ International, an NGO registered in Kenya. Targeting the youth, women and other organized groups, the project supports those interested in rabbit rearing through their economic empowerment program.
According to their manifesto, the objectives of the Rabbit Millionaires Project are;
- To provide specialized consultancy and training services on rabbit rearing
- Selling quality breeding stocks to farmers
- To contract prospect farmers for the rabbit project
- Buying young bunnies from the farmers
- Facilitating markets for rabbit products like manure and urine
- They guarantee market for the rabbit products
- Offering technical backup and support to the farmers
They also guarantee unbelievable earnings on the one-time investment depending on the breeding stock you decide to go with:
- A cool million Kenyan shillings a year for their 33 hybrid breeding stock
- The 66 hybrid breeding stock is set to bring you 2 million Kenyan Shillings a year
- And if you are more ambitious and would like 3 million Kenyan shillings a year, they advice that you go with the 99 hybrid breeding stock
All said and done, this project walks, talks and smells like another pyramid scheme. It promises hefty profits and exploits the farmers to buy their breeds.
A look into their website will tell you that the project is very new. This has not stopped them from having testimonials already from a Jane and a Tom.
According to the website, Jane is a farmer from Limuru. The image they have for Jane however, belongs to one Shalini Paddada and was taken from her LinkedIn profile. She is actually an Indian. Tom on the other hand is an analyst and a farmer from Buruburu. The image they have of him however is that of Satyes Mukherjee; a creative writer, a blogger and retired acountant from India as well.